Sunday 23 August 2020

Sunday Journaling Prompt

 


When it is so easy to do what’s wrong for you. 
Repeating the same mistakes
Over and over again
And missing the point,
The lessons to be learnt.
I destruct myself
Every time I ignore my own needs,
Every time I let someone else take my power,
Every time I get stuck in the past.
I hurt my self by
Ignoring and refusing to honour
What makes me so unique,
So irreplaceable,
So very amazing.
My true self needs to be loved,
Respected and enabled to shine.
But instead I put it down
By acting as if it did not matter,
As if others were more important,
More significant than my self.
I need to tell my self
“I love you”
And really mean it,
From the bottom of my heart,
So that I can finally,
Truly, respect this beautiful self that I am
And stop destroying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment