Saturday 12 September 2020

Wisdom Cards

 


For this article, I've made a couple of videos for you to show you my wisdom cards and my process for making them.

Wisdom cards (or inspiration/guidance/help/truth cards, whatever name you want to call them) are a little bit like the index cards you use for making your revision for exams and tests at school. In many ways, it works the same. The wisdom cards remind you of what is important in the "exam" of our daily life. We are often put to the test, confronting challenges and blocks, and these cards are here to help you know (or refresh your memory, because your inner wisdom already knows, after all, you've made the cards) what to do.

They are one of your many tools in your survival kit, but such an important tool. They are what I call your maps to your true north.

In the first video, I go through my cards and explain a bit more where they come from and what they are to me, what themes I like to focus on. You can watch the first video by clicking on the image below (you will be directed to Youtube. The video is on my artsy channel, Christelle's Art Factory)


In my second video, I walk you through the process of making the cards. Although the video is 40-ish minutes long, I talk a lot (haha!) so it wouldn't take you that long to make your own cards. I also offer some suggestions for other ways to make your cards. (Just click on the image below to watch the second video on Youtube)




Mentioned in the videos

  • Melody Ross, The Walk and Soul Book classes (currently unavailable)
  • Christelle's Art Factory Youtube channel HERE
  • my Soul Book videos playlist on Youtube HERE
  • book Writing Down Your Soul by Janet Conner
  • Insight Timer app teacher Giovanni Dienstmann
  • small bottle of white gesso Ranger Dina Wakley 1 fl oz/ 29 ml available on Amazon
  • Docraft Artiste multi purpose paints / Americana craft paints - both available on Amazon
  • Sharpie markers

Your Wisdom Cards are gift you give yourself to never forget what is important to you and that you always have all the tools you need to face challenges and find your happy in this life.

I hope this process inspires you to make and use your own.

Enjoy xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment